Welcome to Family Engagement
The mission of our Family Engagement program is to engage, empower and educate College Crusade parents and guardians so they can advocate for their child’s academic success and social development and support their child’s readiness for postsecondary education.
We offer relevant, informative and interactive workshops that are designed to provide families with a solid base of knowledge that will support them as they support their children.
Family support is essential when it comes to student success, both in and out of the classroom. Students are much more likely to succeed when families take an active interest in their academic progress and assist them with setting and achieving goals.
We encourage parents take advantage of the various educational opportunities we offer; they are filled with helpful information and tools to support the growth and development of the whole child. We aim to increase knowledge of families by holding workshops, family events and leadership opportunities. Our programming is offered in both English and Spanish and covers a variety of topics, such as:
- Supporting your children’s education at home.
- Starting college preparedness in middle school.
- Preparing your middle schooler for a successful high school career.
- The middle to high school transition.
- The college application and admissions process.
- The high school to college transition.
- Supporting your children through the college journey.
- Guiding your children through career exploration.
- Planning for college life.
- Financial literacy skills, including financial aid preparedness and financing higher education.
We will address these topics at events hosted at the College Crusade, our partner schools and community organizations throughout the year. When we offer workshop sessions, we survey parents regarding the value and usefulness of the information offered so we can continually improve our services to families. We will also survey parents to understand their preferred topics of interest and expectations.
If you have any questions about our family engagement opportunities, please email us at email@example.com