College Crusade Emergency Fund Guidelines
In 2016, the College Crusade created an Emergency Fund to help students with financial assistance in a serious time of need. Crusaders may apply for funds when they have exhausted all other resources and all other options have been considered and are insufficient, unavailable, or not available in a timely manner. This funding is not intended to replace or supplement existing financial aid and does not have to be repaid.
The spirit of this funding is to support emergency needs. Each funding request will be reviewed and considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Emergency funding is limited to at most $500/student. Students will be eligible to receive funding through the College Crusade Emergency Fund one time per school year, as funds allow.
- Maximum grant award is $500. Amount awarded depends on committee’s in depth assessment of applicant’s needs.
- Grants may be awarded ONCE per academic year (based on the discretion of the committee).
- Grants do not have to be repaid.
- Additional funds may be available for college students at their colleges/universities, and our staff may be able to assist them with these grant applications.
- Educational technology expenses (e.g. laptops, software, etc.)
- Personal automobile/transportation (e.g., monthly bus or train pass)
- School expenses/housing deposits
- DOES NOT COVER TUITION/TERM BILL
To be considered for emergency funds, you must:
- Be a student in the College Crusade of Rhode Island.
- Be enrolled in a postsecondary institution or intend to enroll in a postsecondary institution in spring 2021.
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or show evidence of satisfactory progress.
- Be experiencing an unexpected financial hardship that threatens your ability to complete the current semester.
- Have completed a FAFSA or make an appointment to complete it with our College Success Coach.
- Provide supporting documentation or proof of an emergency situation or financial need (e.g. billing statements, receipts, estimate of car repair, etc.)
- Have considered and utilized other sources of funding as appropriate, such as the institution that you attend, unless not available in a timely manner.
- Complete a College Crusade Emergency Funding request.
- Meet with a College Success Coach to discuss your application (virtually).
- All approved requests will be processed within seven to 10 business days.
- Student will be notified by email once a decision has been made on the Emergency Fund request.
If you qualify, one of our College Success Coaches will contact you with additional questions. If you are unable to follow up with your College Success coach, your application will be archived. In this case, you are recommended to submit a new application.