A Message to Parents
Dear Parent or Guardian:
What would you say if we were to offer your child over $10,000 worth of free services to help him or her succeed in school and get ready for college?
Your child has the unique opportunity to apply for membership in The College Crusade of Rhode Island. Over the past 22 years, The College Crusade has helped more than 17,000 children just like yours succeed in school. We have also awarded more than $25 million in college scholarships to over 3,300 eligible Crusaders. Your child too may qualify for a College Crusade Scholarship.
Only children from low-income families can apply for membership in The College Crusade. In addition, children must:
• Attend 6th or 7th grade at a public school or public charter school in Central Falls, Pawtucket, Providence or Woonsocket in the fall of 2013, or must attend 7th grade at Park View Middle School or Hugh B. Bain Middle School in Cranston in fall 2013.
• Make a pledge to avoid alcohol, drugs and early parenthood
• Be committed to working hard in school and earning good grades
• Attend all our required programs and be willing to prepare for college
• Demonstrate at least some proficiency in Math or English on state tests
We begin helping your child in 6th or 7th grade and continue our support until high school graduation. Our programs and services provide the advantages your child needs to get ready for college, and our caring staff of College Crusade Advisors offers guidance along the way. Your child will participate in our after-school clubs, study skills workshops, leadership development and career exploration activities, college visits, college application workshops, SAT preparation courses, and much more. Best of all, everything is absolutely free.
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity to increase your child’s educational success. To learn more, contact our Admissions Department at 854-5500 ext 149. Your child’s enrollment in the 2013-2014 College Crusade class is subject to adequate funding.
William D. Formicola
Vice President of Operations