Welcome to Admissions 2013
Are you the parent of a 5th or 6th grader?
Offer the opportunity of a lifetime to your child!
Admissions for the 2013-2014 school year are now open!
For general information about our Admissions process, please see the following information:
The College Crusade of Rhode Island is looking for students who:
• Are currently in 5th or 6th grade
• Will attend 6th or 7th grade at a public school or public charter school in Central Falls, Pawtucket, Providence, or Woonsocket in fall 2013, or will attend 7th grade at Park View Middle School or Hugh B. Bain Middle School in Cranston in fall 2013
• Are eligible for free and reduced lunch
• Are willing to work hard in school and commit to attending our programs
Act now to give your child an early start on the path to college.
Since 1989 The College Crusade of Rhode Island has helped more than 17,000 students succeed in school and prepare for college. We have also provided over $25 million in college scholarships to more than 3,300 Crusaders.
Your child could become a Crusader!
Students apply for membership in The College Crusade when they are in 5th or 6th grade. Applicants must be residents of Central Falls, Cranston, Pawtucket, Providence, or Woonsocket. To learn more about the membership criteria for joining The College Crusade, please read our Message to Parents or contact Admissions Manager Laurel Shepard at 854-5500 ext 111 or
Mensaje para los padres
How to request an Admissions application for 2013
Call our Admissions Department at 854-5500 ext 149 or send an email to
to request an application by mail. Or visit our office in person to pick one up. We are located at 134 Thurbers Avenue, Suite 111, Providence RI 02905. Our hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Learn more about the requirements that are part of our application (.pdf format):
• For current 5th and 6th graders from Providence, Pawtucket, Central Falls, and Woonsocket
• For current 6th graders from Cranston (note that Cranston applicants must be planning to attend 7th grade at Park View Middle School or Hugh B. Bain Middle School in fall 2013)
Come to a Family Information Session
Sign up for an information session today! Information sessions are held Wednesdays at The College Crusade office, 134 Thurbers Avenue, Providence RI 02905. Select a date and time from the list below and call us at 401-854-5500 ext 149 to register:
2012 Wednesday Information Sessions
October 24, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
November 7, 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
November 14, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
November 28, 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
December 5, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
December 12, 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
2013 Wednesday Information Sessions
February 6, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
February 13, 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
February 27, 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
March 6, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
March 27, 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.