Welcome to Admissions
Important: Admissions for the 2015-2016 school year will officially close as of May 29, 2015
Are you the parent of a 5th or 6th grader? Offer the opportunity of a lifetime to your child!
The College Crusade of Rhode Island is looking for students who:
- Are currently in 5th or 6th grade
- Will attend 6th or 7th grade at a public school or public charter school in Central Falls, Pawtucket, Providence, or Woonsocket in fall 2015, or will attend 7th grade at Park View Middle School or Hugh B. Bain Middle School in Cranston in fall 2015
- Are eligible for free and reduced lunch
- Are willing to work hard in school and commit to attending our programs
Act now to give your child an early start on the path to college.
Your child could become a Crusader!
Since 1989 The College Crusade of Rhode Island has helped more than 20,000 students succeed in school and prepare for college. We have also provided almost $30 million in college scholarships to more than 3,800 Crusaders.
Students apply for membership in The College Crusade when they are in 5th or 6th grade. Applicants must be residents of Central Falls, Cranston, Pawtucket, Providence, or Woonsocket. To learn more about the membership criteria for joining The College Crusade, please read our Message to Parents below and contact Admissions Manager Laurel Shepard at 854-5500 ext 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to request an Admissions application for 2015
- By phone: Call our Admissions Department at 854-5500 ext 115
- In person: Visit us at 134 Thurbers Avenue, Providence 02905 (our hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- By email: Send an email with your name, address, and telephone number to Laurel Shepard at email@example.com
Or you may download our Admissions application for 2015 (.pdf format)
- For current 5th and 6th graders from Providence, Pawtucket, Central Falls, and Woonsocket: Online admissions is closed
- For current 6th graders from Cranston: Online admissions is closed
(note that Cranston applicants must be planning to attend 7th grade at Park View Middle School or Hugh B. Bain Middle School in fall 2015)
A Message to Parents
What would you say if we were to offer your child over $10,000 worth of free services to help him or her succeed in school and get ready for college?
Your child has the unique opportunity to apply for membership in The College Crusade of Rhode Island. Over the past 25 years, The College Crusade has helped more than 20,000 children just like yours succeed in school. We have also awarded more than $30 million in college scholarships to over 3,800 eligible Crusaders. Your child too may qualify for a College Crusade Scholarship.
Only children from low-income families can apply for membership in The College Crusade. In addition, children must:
- Attend 6th or 7th grade at a public school or public charter school in Central Falls, Pawtucket, Providence or Woonsocket in the fall of 2015, or must attend 7th grade at Park View Middle School or Hugh B. Bain Middle School in Cranston in fall 2015
- Make a pledge to avoid alcohol, drugs and early parenthood
- Be committed to working hard in school and earning good grades
- Attend all our required programs and be willing to prepare for college
- Demonstrate at least some proficiency in Math or English on state tests
We begin helping your child in 6th or 7th grade and continue our support until high school graduation. Our programs and services provide the advantages your child needs to get ready for college, and our caring staff of College Crusade Advisors offers guidance along the way. Your child will participate in our after-school clubs, study skills workshops, leadership development and career exploration activities, college visits, college application workshops, SAT preparation courses, and much more. Best of all, everything is absolutely free.
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity to increase your child’s educational success. To learn more, contact our Admissions Department at 854-5500 ext 115. Your child’s enrollment in the 2015 College Crusade class is subject to adequate funding.