Welcome to Admissions 2017-2018
Are you the parent of a 5th grader? Offer the opportunity of a lifetime to your child!
The College Crusade of Rhode Island is looking for students who:
- Are currently in 5th grade (5th and 6th in Cranston only)
- Will attend 6th grade at a public school or public charter school in Central Falls, Pawtucket, Providence, or Woonsocket in fall 2017, or is in the 5th or 6th grade in Cranston and will attend 6th or 7th grade at Park View Middle School or Hugh B. Bain Middle School in fall 2017
- Are eligible for free or reduced lunch
- Are willing to work hard in school and commit to attending our programs
Act now to give your child an early start on the path to college.
Your child could become a Crusader!
Since 1989 The College Crusade of Rhode Island has helped more than 20,000 students succeed in school and prepare for college. We have also provided over $33 million in college scholarships to more than 4,200 Crusaders.
Students apply for membership in The College Crusade when they are in 5th grade. Applicants must be residents of Central Falls, Pawtucket, Providence, or Woonsocket and 5th and 6th in Cranston only. To learn more about the membership criteria for joining The College Crusade, please read our Message to Parents below and contact Associate Director for Admissions and Family Engagement, Laurel Shepard at 854-5500 ext 111 or email@example.com.
How to request an Admissions application for 2017
- By phone: Call our Admissions Department at 854-5500 ext 111
- In person: Visit us at 134 Thurbers Avenue, Providence 02905 (our hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- By email: Send an email with your name, address, and telephone number to Laurel Shepard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you may download our Admissions application for 2017 (.pdf format)
- For current 5th graders from Providence, Pawtucket, Central Falls, and Woonsocket: College Crusade 2017-18 Application Package
- For current 5th and 6th graders from Cranston: College Crusade 2017-18 Application Package – Cranston Grades 5 and 6 (note that Cranston applicants must be planning to attend 6th or 7th grade at Park View Middle School or Hugh B. Bain Middle School in fall 2017)
A Message to Parents
What would you say if we were to offer your child over $10,000 worth of free services to help him or her succeed in school and get ready for college?
Your child has the unique opportunity to apply for membership in The College Crusade of Rhode Island. Over the past 25 years, The College Crusade has helped more than 20,000 children just like yours succeed in school. We have also awarded more than $33 million in college scholarships to over 4,200 eligible Crusaders. Your child too may qualify for a College Crusade Scholarship.
Only children from low-income families can apply for membership in The College Crusade. In addition, children must:
- Attend 6th grade at a public school or public charter school in Central Falls, Pawtucket, Providence or Woonsocket in the fall of 2017, or must attend 6th or 7th grade at Park View Middle School or Hugh B. Bain Middle School in Cranston in fall 2017
- Make a pledge to avoid alcohol, drugs and early parenthood
- Be committed to working hard in school and earning good grades
- Attend all our required programs and be willing to prepare for college
We begin helping your child in 6th or 7th grade and continue our support until high school graduation. Our programs and services provide the advantages your child needs to get ready for college, and our caring staff of College Crusade Advisors offers guidance along the way. Your child will participate in our after-school clubs, study skills workshops, leadership development and career exploration activities, college visits, college application workshops, SAT preparation courses, and much more. Best of all, everything is absolutely free.
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity to increase your child’s educational success. To learn more, contact our Admissions Department at 854-5500 ext 111. Your child’s enrollment in the 2017 College Crusade class is subject to adequate funding.